The Elysium Recreation Club (Rec Club) is a private facility exclusively available for Elysium owner/occupiers and their invited guests to use. The cost of operation and maintenance of the facilities is fully met by the Body Corporate fees paid by each owner in the estate.
- Lap pool;
- Kids play pool;
- 2 x tennis courts under lights;
- Community recreation rooms, including kitchen facilities;
- BBQ facilities
Entry to the Recreation Facility
Entry to the Rec Club is via a swipe card system. Each owner will be issued with two swipe cards. Replacement cards will only be issued at the owners cost. People using the card must be a resident of Elysium and at least 16 years of age. The Committee may cancel entry to the facilities via the swipe card for owners in breach of its rules or for non-payment of body corporate fees.
As part of our commitment to ensuring that any resident of Elysium who wants to use the gym can utilise the equipment properly and safely, we’re now offering free Gym Inductions to all interested residents.
These Inductions will be run by Rosie Cotterill, an experienced physiotherapist at True Balance Healing and one of our long-standing residents. To arrange a gym induction, please contact Rosie directly on:
M: 0412 808 666 (if no answer please leave a message)
Please note that if you are a resident who is currently under 16 (the minimum age for accessing the gym) and have completed the Induction, you will receive a signed Certificate to authorise you to access the facilities unsupervised. You will need to carry this with you when you are using the gym.
Entry to the Elysium tennis courts is restricted to residents only and entry requires a code, which will change from time to time. The current code is 7939.
The operational hours of the facilities are as follows:
- Swimming Pool and Gymnasium 5.30am to 10pm
- Tennis Courts 8am to 8pm
- Community Room 5.30am to 10pm
Age restrictions have been put in place to ensure the safety of all users and for the proper and adequate supervision of children. The Committee is cognisant of the legal and OH&S issues which impact on risk in operating the facilities and has adopted practices which best mitigate these risks.
Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult to use any of the facilities, unless otherwise authorised in writing by the Committee or General Manager. The Committee will only consider variation to the age restriction where it can be clearly demonstrated that a person has reached a high level of competency in the use of gym or other equipment and also has the maturity to use the facilities independently.
Code of Conduct / Rules for the Use of the Facility
Some simple rules have been established for the operation of the facilities and aim to satisfy the various competing demands different users may have. These rules address all statutory and legal obligations that need to be met, and at the same time have been designed to minimise operational costs.
A brief summary of the rules are as follows:-
- Recreational facilities are for the owners or occupiers of Elysium and their guests only
- Large groups should not use the facilities to the exclusion of others. Groups should be restricted to no more than 25
- Residents should respect other users and must use the facilities for no other purpose than for what they have been designed
- Residents using the facility should leave the facility clean and tidy
- Guests must be accompanied by an adult owner or occupier at all times
- Smoking or the use of banned substances is not permitted on the facilities
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted without an adult exercising effective supervision and control over them at all times. The Committee may give approval to the relaxation of this rule in special circumstances from time to time
- No person under the age of 16 is permitted in the gymnasium or to use the gym equipment at any time unless approved in writing by the Committee
- Food, glass, breakable items and pets may not be brought into the pool area
- Alcohol may not be consumed within the pool and gymnasium areas
- Residents and their guests must exercise caution at all times and shall not run, use offensive language or act in a manner that is likely to interfere with the enjoyment of the facilities by other people
- Users of the Recreation facilities must obey lawful and reasonable instructions by the Body Corporate, the general manager and /or security personnel
- Where the ENBC suffers damage as a result of a resident or their guest, the ENBC is entitled to re-charge that resident for all costs incurred. If a tenant is responsible the lot owner is responsible and will be charged for the damage charged
- The ENBC may view violations of the Rules for Use of the Recreational Facilities by residents, including children and guests as being sufficiently serious to warrant denial of access to the Recreation facilities for a period of time or permanently for guests.
All residents are required to acknowledge the Rules for Use of the Elysium Recreational facilities and to agree to adhere to them whenever being used by themselves as lot owners or by their guests. A signed acknowledgement form will be kept by the ENBC, or its representative.